Monday, November 17, 2014

My 28mm Journey of Bangkok feat Nikon FG

Yet another time I'm visiting Bangkok for a short trip. However, this is also the first time I'm visiting Bangkok purely as a tourist. The feeling is great! Feel like home. The hotel I'm staying is also relatively affordable(around RM120 per night without breakfast) and it is quite clean and near to Phloen Chit BTS station. Getting around is not a problem. We spend most of our time walking anyway.

This trip is also the trip that I take least photos. For a 4 days 3 nights trip, I have only taken around 300 photos. Out of this 300 photos, 95% is portrait shot of my love one. Post processing is killing me nowdays. I used to shoot RAW + JPEG but I end up editing the photos anyway. so now I shoot only RAW.

I will divide my photos to 3 sections, Landscape & Architecture, Streets, and Portraits.

Landscape and Architecture:

If you have not visited the Royal Palace or Wat Phra Kaew, you must do that at least once in your lifetime. Tickets is 500 Baht per person. Try to avoid weekends, as it will be flooded by tourists. Take your time appreciate the architecture and history behind these magnificent monuments. Make photos that matters. Watch out for dress code before visiting the place. Respect their cultures and practices.












Streets:

Usually I prefer night street photography where it is more colorful and lively. However, usually we were exhausted after dinner and we have no choice but to go back to hotel. By the way, the place that I'm staying is really quiet at night. It can be good, but that means there is nothing happening on the streets.

On monday morning, only we manage to see few more street vendors beside the road. The rushing pace of white collars getting to work, and busier road. Most of the shots here I shoot without looking at LCD and at waist level. It might not be the perfect subjects but its good for practice.




















Lastly Portraits:

Having a small compact to travel around is a blessing. Most importantly it has to be capable to capture the moments you feel worth keeping. Practice makes perfect. Predict what will happening around you but most importantly don't over shoot. 








By the way, all these images were captured by X100S. I have only took 26 shots with the Nikon FG which have yet to be finish. I will share here once I finish the roll and sent for processing.



Thank you for reading. Enjoy your trip!

NEW!!!
Nikon FG Film got developed already. You can see it here!

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment